NSW Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) approved Safer Drivers Course is designed to better prepare young drivers for when they will be driving independently on their Provisional licence.
Complete the Safer Drivers Course and Get 20 Hours Into Your Logbook
The course will cover various safe driving techniques and the risks involved with progressing to a solo driver as well as putting these discussed elements into practice. Our course is prepared by professionals to lower the chances of an incident of young drivers in NSW, Through exploring the behaviours and strategies that lead to becoming a safer driver, as well as videos, activities and on-road coaching sessions.
By the end of the course, learners will:
- Understand that they are at the highest risk of crashing when transitioning from supervised to independent driving
- Learn how to reduce the risk of crashing by adopting safe driving behaviours, minimising risk taking and making low risk decisions on the road
- Understand and build resilience to the impact that peer influence and passenger behaviour can have on crash risks
- Understand the most common crash types and how to avoid them
- Have a better understanding of low risk driving strategies including speed management, crash avoidance space, decision making, gap selection and responding to hazards
Who is Eligible To Do The Course?
There is a minimum requirement of 50 hours logged in the logbook in order to participate in this course. At the completion of both modules the participant will receive 20 hours logbook credit towards their 120 required hours.
How Much Does It Cost?
The total cost of the course is $140 which includes Module 1 (in class theory) and Module 2 (on the road).
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Since 2001, our organisation has been a Nationally Accredited course provider of TLI41216 Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics – Road Transport Car Driving Instruction, training hundreds of new driving instructors in NSW.
Peters Driving & Training has been approved by the Roads and Maritime Services NSW (RMS) to deliver the Safer Drivers Course across the inner and outer Sydney Metropolitan area.